Friday, December 7, 2012

Fourth Anniversary of My Blog; Blogger Hit Report


Between my last two posts, I observed the fourth anniversary of the launch of this blog.  Thank you for your patronage, which has made this endeavor worthwhile.

Also after Thanksgiving was the second anniversary of my observation of statistical tracking by the blog host, Blogger.  As I have noted previously, Blogger tracks far more pageviews than StatCounter (an average of 16 per day vs. 6 per day), for a total of more than 12,000 hits, not including my own, although the latter is far more specific.  The blog host’s statistics are nonetheless interesting. 

Blogger has continued to track pageviews of my blog on every day and on every post over the last two years.  It has tracked pageviews of 70 more posts than StatCounter, including several from the first two years, which were posted before the blog host began tracking.  For example, many more pageviews were tracked by Blogger than StatCounter especially of my posts in October and November about the United States general election.  The former has also tracked visits from 16 more foreign states from all six inhabited continents over the last two years than have ever been tracked by the latter since April of 2009.  I am thus aware of visits from at least 122 foreign states between the two trackers, as well as from other territories, as well as every American state and several U.S. territories.  Blogger continues to track far more visits especially from Europe than StatCounter, with Russia being the source of the most pageviews outside the U.S., with well over a thousand, followed by the Netherlands and Germany.

            Again, thank you for visiting, especially those of you who follow my blog or post comments.  Please continue to visit and comment.  

No comments: