Friday, April 2, 2010

Annual Blog Report; Happy Easter

I am grateful to you, my dear readers, for having visited my blog 1,650 times since I installed StatCounter on April 2, 2009. Thank you for making it a success!

Note: I strictly define a visit as a web page view at least one hour after the previous page view, and I do not count my own visits, which are blocked by the counter. If I counted all page views as hits, except my own, there would be nearly 2,300.

Approximately 100 people initiated their visit to my blog on its homepage, visiting over 350 times. Another approximately 1,180 people initiated their visit to my blog at one of its posts, accounting for nearly 1,300 visits; nearly a tenth of this group of visitors additionally went on to view my homepage or other posts.

My blog has been visited from at least 49 American states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, as well as 63 foreign states and Hong Kong. It was even visited from states like Djibouti, Burkina Faso and Samoa! Other than visits from my state of Pennsylvania, the ones from American states tend to be fairly proportionate to the population, with the most from California with over 100, followed by a group of the largest states nearly in descending order, with New Jersey and Washington being exceptionally higher than their size. Among foreign states, the most visits came from Malaysia, with over 100, followed by Canada (48), and the United Kingdom (36). There were over 20 visits each also from Algeria, India and Pakistan. After my own city of Reading (with well over 100), the next most visits came from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with over 60.

My blog has been visited by the Holy See in Vatican City, and several times by the United States House of Representatives, as well as several other federal agencies (the U.S. Department of Labor, the General Accounting Office, the Navy, the Marines and the Centers for Disease Control), as well as by the State of Utah, the Pennsylvania Senate, agencies in several other American states and numerous municipalities, as well as the Irish Government, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Canadian Province of British Columbia.

Visits to my blog have come from 40 American and 9 foreign colleges and universities, as well as numerous American and Canadian public schools, and the state education departments of Utah, Georgia and Kentucky.

Visits from the media have included The New York Times, The Boston Globe, The San Antonio Express, NBC and CBS (twice). There have been numerous visits from other businesses, including a number of Fortune 500 Companies, including three of the 30 industrials that comprise the Dow Jones Industrial Average, although one of them, General Motors, could also be listed as a federal agency.

More than half of the posts to my blog have been visited, even though it was launched over four months before the counter was installed and about a tenth of the posts are reports like this one or other personal notes. The most popular posts to my blog among those visitors whose visit was initiated at one of its posts were the following: The Rise and Fall of Islamic Civilization (327); The Economy, Deficit and Debt at George W. Bush’s Inauguration (185); Obama Did Not Inherit the Economy From Bush (85); Radicals in the Obama Administration (68); and Follow-up on the Fall of Islamic Civilization (52). Other posts that were visited 25-50 times included the following, in descending order: Lepanto, by G.K. Chesterton; Analysis of Obama’s Economic and Fiscal Policies; Father Stanley Jaki, Rest in Peace; The Commerce Clause Limits Federal Power to Mandate the Purchase of Health Insurance; Two Big Myths About the Founding Fathers; Misleading Media Phrases; Herb Denenberg, In Memoriam; and A Comparison of the Federal Response to Hurricane Katrina and the Haitian Earthquake.

The most visits in one day was 22 on March 19, 2010, followed by 18 on April 8, 2009, 17 on January 20, 2010 and March 25, 2010, and 16 on March 24, 2010.

Again, thank you for visiting my blog! Please visit at least once a week. As always, your comments and suggestions, whether posted on the blog or communicated to me privately, are always welcome.

I wish you all a Happy Easter!

No comments: