Monday, June 6, 2011

Cinfici's Interview on Rick Santorum's Presidential Candidacy

     I was interviewed today by WEEU Radio 850 AM in Reading, Pennsylvania on former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum's announcement that he is seeking the Republican nomination for President of the United States of America.

     I observed that even though Pennsylvania is a major state and a political swing state, there has not been a president or vice president from the Keystone State in a long time.  It is good to have a Pennsylvanian as a candidate.  I noted that Senator Santorum has experience as a U.S. Senator on defense and foreign policy, judicial matters, and as the author of the welfare reform bill that was approved in the 1990s.  He is knowledgeable and articulate and fills a niche in the Republican presidential field that lacks a clear front-runner, which is an unusual circumstance, although I stated that I believe Republicans would like to see more candidates enter the field in order to provide more choices.

     When asked whether Santorum would have the interests of Berks County in mind, I noted that he had always done well in Berks County and I expressed confidence that he would.  But I said that I believed he would focus first on getting our fiscal situation in order, as well as on continuing to resist the terrorists.  I cited his concern about Iran's nuclear program in particular.

     I was then asked about Santorum's announcement at the Flight 93 sight in Scwhenksville, Pennsylvania.  I remarked that it was a poignant venue because it was the sight of the first successful resistance to the terrorists; the victims gave their lives in order to prevent the terrorists from striking their intended target.  We must continue to resist terrorism.

1 comment:

Chevalier Family said...

If he runs, I hope he wins. But it seems that his biggest block will be the liberal feminists; and people will watch carefully his views on immigration.