Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Freedom of the Seas Update and Blog Notes

I hope that all of my readers had a blessed Easter.

We can all be grateful for the rescue off the coast of Somalia by the U.S. Navy of the American hostage who had been held by Somali pirates. The rescue affirms the principle of Freedom of the Seas that I discussed in my last post. Nevertheless, a more comprehensive defense of this important freedom is necessary, one which also addresses the anarchical situation in Somalia that is not only one of the root causes of the plague of piracy there, but also could allow the establishment of a terrorist safe haven on the Horn of Africa.

I have added two links to my blog, one to the Amazon.com page for Lepanto, by G.K. Chesterton, the other for the Italian American Cultural Center of Pennsylvania. I am proud that I recently surpassed 50 posts on my blog. My new counter has been revealing fascinating data: some of my postings have attracted interest around the world. But I am most grateful to have attracted a number of loyal readers. Thank you for your support!

No comments: